Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm Not Dead

I'm not dead...like Eminem *random*.

This blog post is coming to you in eight parts. It's going to be like a good gumbo, full of everything that's not enough of a meal on its own but when added together = deliciousness.

Firstly on the agenda: Love. I has none. Rawr. Oh well, I think my little broken heart will bleed and maybe make me better. It worked in the Middle Ages?? Uuh...

Secondly: Music. I've not gone myspace scouting in a while, so my new music playlist is woefully lacking. Any recs would be totally appreciated. I'm very into sort of like...spacy-electro?? Think MGMT, Empire of the Sun etc. I'd also like some nineties grunge, a touch of modern day cutesy-pop, some fifties bop (a genre??) and a little bit of seventies folk. Any help with those would make me love you like ice-cream.

Thirdly: Fashion! Oh fashion. I've been on a total clothes kick lately (despite, not buying any...), meaning that I've been totally focused on them. It's winter here atm, so it's kind of like Fall fashion in America which is my absolute *favourite*. Some trends I immediately want to buy into:

* leather jacket
* plaid dresses
* tweed coat
* black ankle-boot heels
* boater hat (though, that's always on my list and isn't particularly wintery)
* ankle-length overalls (no one has them!)
* printed t-shirts and printed t-shirt dresses
* skinny jeans (I don't know how I've managed to avoid this thus far, I've never owned a pair)
* fifties hats
* imitation leather leggings

(There are more but I won't bore you further :P)

Fourthly (?): Writing. I'm writing a new story at the moment and I'm really excited about it. It's a perfect time actually, I've just gotten on holidays so I'll have a heap of time. I'm kind of looking for an over-arching human theme to write about but I don't really know. Love? Revenge? Power? All very cliche. The mind boggles.

Fifthly: Reading. Along that vein, I'd like to sing the praises of a wonderful author. I've read her for years (so has everyone else, I'm sure) but my shameful little pleasure: Tamora Pierce. I lovelovelove her books (and they're ridiculously quick to read). After introducing my friend to them I've been a bit obsessive about the series' recently (The Circle Series' [serieses, serii??] are my faves). I've been reading them instead of studying for my exams. Oopsie.

Sixthly: Magazines. Another overdone and expected rec but Nylon Magazine. I adore it, I love the fashion editorials and the articles and the interviews and just everything about it makes my heart skip a couple thousand beats. It makes me feel gooier than an uncooked cake, I promise you. My friend also wants me to read Teen Vogue but I am unconvinced. Is it any good? Further recs for Rolling Stone, duh, and Frankie Magazine. Frankie is an Australian magazine but its stuffed with whimsy and makes me want to dress up in florals and pearls and host a tea party.

Seventhly: Friends. My friends have been awesome lately. A new girl has joined our group recently, despite it being our senior year, after having a long and rather sticky fight with one of the groups that we're closest to. It will be interesting to see how this goes. I both do and don't hope she brings drama to the group. I'm a bit bored, I'll be honest but I find negativity as distressing as anyone else. Oh, and I'm still convinced that I won't be friends with the friend who I'd been having problems with when I go to uni but I think we're both happier for the thought.

Eightly (my favourite number! I have to leave it here now, even if I wasn't planning on doing it before hehe): Me. Self-obsessed, I know, but why would I have this blog if I weren't. I'm pretty good. I don't even want to think about the grades I've been getting, but luckily I don't have to until I get my report card. I bought The Sims 3 the other day, I'm not entirely sure it's better than The Sims 2. I haven't been playing it tooooooo much though. That said, I've spent at least nine hours playing it. Eh, *shrug*. Things that make me happy now:

* buying coloured cds instead of the plain silver ones
* Nylon!!
* thai food for dinner
* The Mighty Book of Boosh (<3!!!)
* holidayssss
* electric blue nailpolish
* Breakfast at Tiffanys
* Wild Child (facepalm)
* green tea ice-cream

There's something appealing about flouting the regular conventions of grammar and writing everything in lower case. perhaps i'll be like e.e. cummings from now on. i dunno, i just like the way it looks. i apparently, though, cannot give up my beloved commas and apostrophes. eh, i think i'll see you next post with significantly better grammar.

xoxo,
megan

2 comments:

  1. Megan! I was worried about you! Haha, but seriously, it's been awhile.

    Just so you know: I liked your gumbo metaphor. Skinny jeans are the freaking bomb! And Teen Vogue is my favorite magazine.

    Nice to have you back, haha.

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I haven't been on blogger at all for ages. I have heaps of blogs to catch up on lol. And I'll definitely be sure to give Teen Vogue a try then :) (Maybe even skinny jeans :O :P )

    ReplyDelete