Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Things I Know

Well, to be honest, I don't really know all that much. Which is why I'm undertaking a project (which I *think* I've invented??). The project shall be called 'The Things I Know'. The basic premise is to ask everyone I know for something that they know. It could be meaningful or silly or useful.

For example, with the aid of this project, I've recently found out that the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz misquotes Pythagorus' Theorem, he says it is for an isocoles triangle, not a right-angled one. Where else would you find gems like that? Although, I'm not totally convinced it's either meaningful or useful :P

My friend Lulu maintains that in all of her years of wisdom, a person's core never changes. She then further poses the question, "is that cynical or optimistic?" Interesting stuff, folks. She also knows that, "to feel happy, one must only listen to Ray Charles". Or this beauty from another friend, "true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing". I'm assuming thats a quote from someone but it's still a cool sentiment. (He's just informed me that it was Socrates).

There are things that I already know. Things I've learnt from books and movies and just real life. The cheesy movie 'Chasing Liberty', which is about a President's daughter who runs away through Europe with a hunky Englishman, features the quote, "The things that you're afraid of are usually the most rewarding." Or something to that effect, anyway. I'm inclined to agree.

I know that the world is most beautiful when the stars come out.
I know that little events aren't the end of the world but it's fun to pretend like they are.
I know that waiting in lines is more entertaining if you think about who could be a celebrity from behind.
I know that not wanting to kiss someone probably means that you shouldn't be together.
I know that to be truly happy is to see beauty everywhere.
I know that the right song at the right time can heal a broken heart.
I know that smiling is the easiest way to feel happy.
I know that everyone is stunning in their own way.
I know that happiness can be a battle but you're always the better for it.
I know that sucking on ice cubes can cure the hiccups.
I know that the rules aren't always right.
I know that living in your own world isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I know that people change. (See the contrast between my friend's views and mine?)
I know that sometimes dreams are more important than reality.

What do you know?

xoxo,
Megan

2 comments:

  1. I know that this is a really fun idea.

    I know that just because I'm perfectly content never leaving the house and just sitting in my chair reading, doesn't mean that I should.

    I know that there will be that one person you will always like no matter what.

    I know that I'm probably going to end this comment now and go do this on my blog.

    Hooray for YOU!

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that lovely comment Maggie, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete