Saturday, August 15, 2009

Teenage Wasteland

It’s been a long time since I’ve written a truly emo blog post. Now my life is pretty happy and shiny. I have two or three bad days but it’s so much better. Then I sort of wonder if I had depression. I mean, maybe I was just regularly sad, but I’m overdramatizing it. Who knows? All I can say is that I’m glad I don’t feel that way anymore. It’s nice that now I’ve just got that overwhelming need to write. So much of my love for writing is demolished in the process of thinking about whether people will like what I’m reading. So now I’m just writing entirely for me and I think that that can only be a good thing.

I have no idea how other people can post every day and still have some funny or witty anecdote to share. My life isn’t nearly that interesting, for sure. And yet, I still feel the need to post about it. I guess it’s just that desperate need for connection and validation.

Yay, my friend from high school who moved across the country is online on msn. I haven’t spoken to her in weeks, I’ve been so busy. I mean, technically, I should be busy now because currently on Monday I have three drafts and an assignment due and an oral to do. But I’m not working because I’m just chilling and watching the AFL on the TV.

I thought I should update my lovely friend in the blogosphere, he has been a bit neglected. The fact that I have apparently turned my blog into a sentient being who is male should not be mentioned.

My life is good though. It’s so much better than I could have imagined when I was like semi-suicidal (can you be semi-suicidal?) like two years ago. Not because of anything or anyone particularly but just because I decided it was awesome. And it is now.

AND I’M CLOSE TO THE END OF HIGH SCHOOL! THEN I CAN GO TO UNI AND STUDY CREATIVE WRITING AND NEVER HAVE TO DO DIFFERENTIATION OR ALGEBRA OR INTEGRATION OR SIN AND COS OR ANYTHING MATHSY EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I’m a bit excited.)

Leaving you now,
Xoxo,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment