Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Living on a Prayer

Hello hello!

My poor darling bloggy woggy, have you been a bit neglected? SUCK IT UP AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN! (Careful readers will note that that is the second time my blog has been given male attributes.)

Actually, that reminds me, my Extension English (a bit like AP English, I would assume?) teacher is a bit of a Quirrell. She's a bit...inept and takes that out by being aggressive. We were having a bit of a bitch about all of the work we had to do and she said, "well, that's what year twelve is like, so I think you all need to have a can of harden up!" We were like, "Um..."

I then responded the next day by placing a can of the soft-drink '7 Up' on her desk. After artfully replacing the '7' with 'Harden' of course :) She was not amused. We were in stitches.

Today was the first day of our big senior examinations. It works a bit strangely in my state. Term three is the hardest term and it is the one that counts the most for your overall grade. Which, is this term. Aside from the actual subject exams that I have next week, today and tomorrow are basically a series of four exams. I guess they're kind of akin to the SAT but your individual mark doesn't affect you. What it does is the marks from these tests affect the subjects you do. If you're in subjects with people who do better on the tests, you do better. Vice versa for doing worse. Secondly, the combined mark for your school places your school as compared to other schools. So, your school does well then all of the marks of the people in your grade are pushed up. Again, vice versa if you do badly.

It's a pretty big deal to the school as well. If the school does well on the tests, the whole reputation of the school is pushed up. Schools get listed according to their overall results and these tests are a huge part of that. My school is usually in the top ten in the State so they take it very seriously. The main reason that I haven't been posting much this term is because this has been the CRAZIEST term. Especially the past two weeks, they've been insane. For the past two weeks, I've had an assignment due every day. Now I have these tests, joy.

It's been okay though, I've lived so far. Now I've only got the remaining two tests, an assignment and three exams! Then next term is pretty cruisy because most of the work has been sent off so it's hard to do significantly better or worse and people rarely change grades. I'm so excited. After my exam block, by the end of next week, I will be kind of free! I think I'll only have one assignment for each of my six subjects and another three exams before I'm DONE!!!!!!

Speaking of, I should probably go type up some notes for my upcoming exams and like...finish the chapters I was meant to have done several weeks ago for maths. Le sigh.

Goodbye!

xoxo,
Megan

Oh, I forgot to mention why this post was called Living on a Prayer. The next bit is 'we're halfway there', and I'm halfway through those tests :P

No comments:

Post a Comment