Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BEDA

The BEDA ship has pulled into the harbour of the internet, waited for all of the willing and cheerful passengers to board and departed merrily on its way. As it was last year, I have been left panting on the dock, holding my suitcase and ticket in hand, forced to watch that great and wonderful vessel sail off without me. It is now time for me to board a rowboat and paddle my little heart out to catch it, hoping that I can board, if I reach it at all, that is.

Honestly, the only other person who I have heard of who is doing BEDA this year is Hayley. However, she has inspired me. To be honest, I need all of the motivation and inspiration to write that I can get. Lately I have been going through such a creative drought, it is ridiculous. I am contemplating opening a dictionary, pointing at random words and building a story out of them.

I think it would go something like this*:

WORDS

Disease
Furnace
Seclusion
Killing

PLOT OUTLINE

A terrible disease is sweeping Nano Porter's city. Nano and his family have fled Los Giergos but the deadly virus follows them wherever they travel. Through a horrible furnace accident, Nana's family is claimed by the illness. Left alone in a secluded mountain cabin, Nano must find a way to stop the killing.

Actually, those words weren't quite as random as I thought they'd be. I was expecting something like chair, salubrious, dancing and banana (the Moscow Dancing Bear Circus is ground to a halt when a usually salubrious young trainer slips on a banana peel and impales himself on a chair) or light, vehicle, shirt and plea (A rogue spaceship blocks all light into Juleotown, crippling the city's shirt-production industry while the pilot refuses to hear the plea of the townsfolk and move his vehicle).

I'm afraid to say I have to leave now!

xoxo
Megan

*Yes, I did pull these out of a dictionary.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, your posts haven't been showing up on my feed! If I would've known you were blogging, I would have been commenting this while time!

    Also, not many people are doing BEDA now because Maureen Johnson isn't doing it until August, so I thought I'd wait until then too.

    I'm so happy you're blogging again! Or that I noticed you were, haha. I've missed them!

    ReplyDelete