Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bubbles and Boringness

Well, I'll confess I've left today's post astonishingly late. Not really, I have an hour. However, knowing me, I will now proceed to get a drink, sit down, type a sentence, make a snack, sit down, eat the snack, type a sentence, go to the bathroom, sit down, type a sentence, complain about the blog and type a sentence. I would then be left, five minutes before midnight to write pretty much an entire blog. It's a kind of way I fail, ostensibly.

My boyfriend is rolling around, moaning and complaining of being "mindshagged". Then again, I suppose studying engineering for six hours on a holiday would do that to a person. In some ways I'm grateful that I am not doing a university degree that requires such an intense level of commitment (as I'm sure it is a commitment that I would not make) but at the same time, it often results in people assuming that I am less intelligent that I feel I am. If I were in a degree like Law, Science, Medicine or Engineering (all of which I got the grades to do) I think I would get more respect. Eh, that's the trade off for doing what I love.

Today I had a lovely hour-long bubble bath before being summoned to the line of duty at work. The bath was deliciously slimy with bath salts and copious amounts of body wash. I did come out smelling like a rose, though. I discovered a whole heap of my old poetry and report cards today. I also found my old maths book, which contained about a 1:10 ratio of maths to drawings/poems/stories/random lists etc. It's no wonder that my feedback on one of my exams was merely "you don't like maths, do you?" and a nod.

However, I'm afraid I must leave you to spare a few cookies from my boyfriend's lusty mouth (and transfer them swiftly into my own, of course). I hope you have a really pleasant day!

xoxo,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment