Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in Australia. I'm not entirely sure when it is everywhere else. I gave my mummy an ABBA cd. She enjoyed it lol. She made us listen to it on repeat as we were going to and from brunch.

I know I didn't post for like the past two days. I'm sorry! I've been sooo busy though. I couldn't post for all of Friday because it was my birthday and like straight after school my friends came over for a sleepover. It was so fun though! I got a really good swag of presents, if I do say so myself. I got a laptop, a 120 gig iPod (I named it Alexander), like ten dvds, a new dressing gown, a large amount of gift certificates from my friends, a cute toy robot, some awesome silver ribbed tights, two necklaces, the Skins season 1 soundtrack and some other stuff. I am quite pleased. I haven't actually tried out my new laptop yet haha, I'm really slack.

I got a bit sad on my birthday though. I was kind of hyper-emotional. I nearly cried because my cheesecake had wildberry sauce on it and I'd forgotten that one of my friends (the ex-best friend) was allergic to raspberries. She ate it and it was fine though, thank God. We played truth or dare and that was fun, it would have been more fun if we had boys there though. We also played 'I Never' which yielded some interesting revelations from the people in the group. We also watched 'Wild Child' and collectively swooned over Alex Pettyfer (?? I don't actually know if that's his name and I am way too lazy to look it up).

I was a bit...insecure on my birthday. I sort of...like, there's a lot of stuff going on in my life right now. One of my friends who has depression is sort of relapsing and a new girl has joined my group (that by itself isn't really anything, it's just because I sort of feel uncomfortable and we have to re-adjust the group dynamics around her) and stuff is just going on. I sort of want like...someone to rely on or someone I can trust to talk to but I don't really have that. As I don't have a best friend in my group, I don't have that there and the person who I used to talk to is the one who is battling depression. So, I'm sort of more focused on being there for them. I feel like I can't complain or talk to that person anymore, because obviously their problems are worse than mine. I dunno...I can't really confide in anyone, which is weird for someone like me who is used to telling everyone everything. I guess there's nothing I can do about it though.

I kind of want a boyfriend...it's nice to have that bond with someone, you know? I think that just having a really good friend would be enough though.

I don't really have anything else to say.

xoxo,
Megan

Kg's to Goal: x
Guitar Hero Plays This Year: 36
Mental Slaps Today: 13

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday last week! It was mothers day here in the U.S. too.

    ReplyDelete