Friday, April 10, 2009

'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzerald

Wow! This is definitely one of the best books I have ever read. It so accurately captures human emotion and the world in which it is displayed. It's really quite breathtaking. The visions the book invokes are just so beautiful and at the same time melancholy. The bright, shining world of Mr. Jay Gatsby is so filled with shadows and doubts.

I finished this book and I realised why it is a classic. Some classics I read, afterwards I sit and go, "well, it was good, but was it that great?" Not so with The Great Gatsby. Admittedly, some people probably don't like it (as it is with all things great) but I have never met one. One of the things I love about this book is that it doesn't follow the time-honoured, accepted storylines. It truly is a original.

Potentially my favourite book, the Great Gatsby really is worth a read. Do it, seriously, thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment