Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Okay

Okay, so. I literally have fifteen minutes to type this up. I promised myself that I would go to bed at 10:00 so that I can get up super early tomorrow. I'm going to exercise.

I went on the scales today and I had a huge wake-up call. I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I'm not like...obese or even overweight according to my BMI (which is 20). However, I would still like to exercise because lately I have been putting on weight and if I continue to do so, I will become overweight. I would also like to revolutionise my self-perception.

ACTION PLAN FOR THE NEW MEGAN

1. Do an hour of exercise before school in the mornings. Note: To achieve this, you must wake-up at five A.M.
2. Cut out all eating that occurs for boredom instead of being hungry. Eat when you are hungry but stop when you are full. It does not matter how delicious it is, you can eat it later.
3. Attempt to stop eating such unhealthy food. I realise that your mother gives you a sweet every day in your lunch, only eat this if you are actually hungry. See rule 2 for further information on this.
4. Put a bit more care into your appearance. Not to impress anyone but to have pride in yourself.
5. Compliment someone every day. This makes you feel good.
6. Restrict negative comments. Studies have been done which show that people unconciously associate you with the traits you attribute to other people. Hence, if you say that Suzie is a manipulative bitch, whoever you are talking to will unconciously associate you with being a manipulative bitch. The same thing occurs if you say that Suzie is nice and kind.
7. Don't freak out over what you can't change. You tend to do this, don't. Just let it go.
8. Enjoy work of all kinds. Go into any kind of work with a positive attitude. If you're going to do it, you might as well enjoy it.
9. Waste less time. All time is precious. Devote more to studying and doing your assignments. You need to do well this year.
10. Finally, be yourself. This is the most important rule of all. You will feel uncomfortable and ashamed otherwise.

Sorry that this has been such a personal post. It is a bit of a cartharsis for me and I needed to say all of this stuff so I might actually do it :)

Give me your ideas for things you try to follow every day :)

xoxo,
Megan

Kg's to Goal: A disgusting number that equals x
Guitar Hero Plays this Year: 31
Mental Slaps Today: 16

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I need to start watching what I eat and exercising too. We will do this together! Sort of, anyway, seeing as you're in Australia. Whatever.

    One thing not to do is weigh yourself everyday, like set a day that you weigh yourself every week. You probably already knew that or wouldn't do it anyway, but yeah. I learned that from the Biggest Loser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those sound like good plan! I hope this makes you feel better about yourself and makes you happy! Don't overdo it though, and make sure you're taking care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideas! Find somebody else to go jogging or do pitates with you or whatever you want to do. It's more fun that way!

    ReplyDelete