Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nice or Nauseating??

I thought I'd do a quick post on some of the 'up-coming' trends in the fashion world this season.

According to nymag.com, floral shirts for men are making it big this season. Like this one from Paul Smith.

Um...what?!


(Pic from nymag.com)




It looks like someone has eaten my grandmother's couch and thrown it up on a previously acceptable shirt. I get that it's spring and everything but seriously?! Uh, not okay. Wait, I've just noticed that the buttons on this are actually tiny little flowers. I take back what I said about it being an otherwise acceptable shirt. Its horrendous!

Another trend being shown is harem pants. This picture shows a pair from Topshop (far right) and a harem-pant-jumpsuit by YSL (far left). In the center there is something known as harem-pant-shorts by Mango.





I am deeply disturbed and concerned.

(Pic from nymag.com)




What on Earth are people thinking? I think the current recession is making people go mad! These are hideous! The pattern alone on the Topshop pair is enough to condemn them without considering that they're basically a version (as much as I love him) of the stylings of MC Hammer. There's just no excuse. The jumpsuit seriously looks like it's made for Baby with built-in nappy. And speaking of nappies...the shorts! Oh, the shorts! Unless there is a new cartoon about superhero babies, these are just...where do they even come from?! Who made that? Stamp of disapproval clearly marked.

Finally, swimwear. My God, the bane of the female existance unless you're 6'3 with an obvious rib-cage and legs for miles. Apparently what's in this season is pin-up style swimwear like this bikini from Elizabeth O'Brien and this one-piece by Urban Outfitters.






















Yesyesyesyesyes!!

(Pics from nymag.com)

Finally, they've got something right! These swimsuits are uber-cute and totally wearable. I like pin-up girl style anyway and to see it moved into swimsuits is such a cool idea. I like the blocks of colour and the cute patterns. They're also very flattering. Well done, kudos to that.


Anyway, those are my ramblings for now. Talk to you later!

xoxo,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the floral shirt is uuuugly. Floral shirts are nice to some extent, but there is something wrong with that one. Those pants suits things are just weird. I love the swimsuits though, especially the black and white polka dots!

    ReplyDelete